1. His address is Seven Mitchell Terrace.
2. He lives with his mother, father and sister.
3. He is nine years old and his sister is 17.
4. The manager identified himself as Steven Parks, Jr.
5. One panelist was Journalism Professor Richard Smith.
6. The crash occurred at Green St. near the post office.
7. The tow truck came from 110 North Elm Avenue.
8. The Senator called for a budget of $6.7 million.
9. Police said the arrest was made on Oak St.
10. It was Winter, and the frozen lake was dangerous.
11. A statement was taken from mechanic John Smith.
12. "What we need is a good five-cent cigar," he said.
13. President Barack Obama has his roots in Hawaii.
14. Police said three girls, all eleven years old, were responsible.
15. He said he would nominate Governor Jim Edgar.
16. We spoke with the Rev. Steve Davis.
17. George Washington said, "He'll make a good chief justice".
18. A free press is guaranteed by the 1st Amendment.
19. The Milwaukee City Council is aware of that fact.
20. I interviewed Supt. Tom Browne.
21. The movie opened on March 7, 1986 in New York.
22. He stated his name, rank and serial number.
23. He ordered a sandwich, a small salad and a coke.
24. She was on duty about 60 per cent of the time.
25. Our advisor agreed with our opinion.
26. The temperature is expected to drop to minus 7.
27. The cold air is moving East.
28. She learned her basics in the '40s.
29. "Grammer is what's right or wrong," he noted.
30. "Stylebook issue are a matter of preference," she replied.
Open-book. Submit your best effort for a
Warning: Your score is the number of the initially *incorrect* answers (such as -6).
Your instructor will circle every error. Re-do each and keep resubmitting until perfect (0).
[Instructors and mentors: To request an snswer sheet for the
Stylebook Exam, please send
an e-mail with "[stylebook-answers]" as the subject line. Please include your name, job description,
and organization. A URL that confirms your information would be useful. Thanks.]
Grammar Matters was also known as Grammar Clues.