1. Fun. [10 min.] "Test of the Emergency Grammar System."The first eight questions should be familiar. But the last two have surprising twists. -
(BTW, the University of Oregon is the home of the Ducks.)
2. Nit-pick. [24 min.] National Punctuation DayDetailed rules for 12 punctuation marks.
3. Exercises [2-3 hours] Just these in this order:31. Subject-Verb Agreement [Quiz numbers may change.]
32. Subject-Verb Agreement II [ agreement]
107. Which, That and Who [ that/which who/whom]
83. Comma Usage [This exercise doesn't eat serial commas.]
94. Compound Nouns [Move to the next response with
"tab."] [ compound modifiers]
78. Modifier Placement [ placement First click on
the quiz number for details.]
4. Ready? [20 min.] The Grammar Repair Grammar Quiz.
5. Grammar and Stylebook exercises. newsroom101.net [fee]
6. More Practice. [?? min.] CubReporters.org.
7. Ready? [15 min.] The Grammar Repair Stylebook Quiz.